Available: Mon 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tue 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wed 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thur - Closed -
Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sat & Sun - Closed -
Serving the Lake Norman Region and Areas North of Charlotte Since 2011
(We're sorry, We do not provide service outside of North Carolina)
1. Why should I consider an at-home euthanasia for my pet?
An in-home euthanasia is far superior to one performed in a veterinary hospital or clinic setting.
- Provides flexibility in scheduling so that family and friends can be present
- Eliminates the stress and anxiety that come with traveling by car to the clinic
- Offers privacy and dignity during this emotional time
- You pick the location that best suits the comfort of your pet: indoors, on a porch or even outside under a favorite shade tree. This peaceful experience in the comfort and privacy of your home is priceless.
2. What happens during a Comfort At Home euthanasia?
You won't find us wearing a doctor's white coat or scrubs during our visit to your home. We have found that some pets show anxiety associated with "white coat syndrome" and most pets are accepting of us as simply guests in your home. The pace of the visit is tailored to meet your needs as we can go as quickly or as slowly as you desire. Some choose to read a poem, say a prayer or simply share a favorite memory of their pet. When you are ready, an injection of a strong sedative is given to cause relaxation and eliminate pain. After your pet has reached a level of deep sedation, a second injection of an anesthetic overdose is given to allow a peaceful passing. You may spend as much time as needed with your pet afterwards.
3. What areas are covered and can I use your service if I live outside of the area?
We are based out of Mooresville, NC and our service area is North of Charlotte, NC including:
- Mooresville, Davidson, Cornelius, Troutman, Statesville,
- Denver, Huntersville, Salisbury, Concord, Kannapolis,
- China Grove, Landis, Mt Ulla, Terrell, Sherrills Ford
(Additional $50 charge for house calls outside of our service area. For travel distance > 50 miles - $0.50/mile round trip)
4. Is there a charge for an initial phone consultation if I am considering an at-home euthanasia for my pet?
No. The initial phone consultation is complimentary to learn about your pet's condition, assess quality of life and discuss if it may be time to consider saying goodbye to your dear pet.
5. Are you available for weekend, holiday or after hours?
Dr. Tillman sees appointments Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Appointments for holidays or after hours are considered on a case-by-case basis of availability if scheduled in advance during normal business hours. An additional $75 fee is added to house calls made outside of our normal hours of 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
6. Can you provide routine care for my other healthy pets?
No. Our service specializes in euthanasia and hospice care for geriatric and terminally-ill pets. However, we can offer recommendations for veterinary care at a veterinary clinic in your area.
7. What aftercare choices are available following euthanasia?
Comfort At Home can arrange for your aftercare needs with options of individual cremation with return of ashes or communal cremation where the ashes are not returned. You may elect the option of handling the private burial yourself in accordance with local regulations. In all aspects of our service, we treat you and your pet with compassion, dignity and respect.
Please call to discuss your situation and how we can help - 704-517-4934
"I cannot say enough about Comfort At Home Pet Hospice and Euthanasia. Dr. Tillman was beyond caring and allowing Maggie to die in our home surrounded by love. (I bet I wouldn't have been allowed to lay on the floor with her at the vet's office) It was a God-send and it was wonderful to be able to hold her as she passed in her favorite place and not scared at the Vets. It is horrible to have to need this service but such a wonderful service. I can't say how much better it was at home. Dr. Tillman and his wife are wonderful. I hope to not need their services in the near future but if I do I know they will take care of us". --- Jessica
Frequently Asked Questions